The new Thermal Medite Spa Resort was completely renovated in 2019 and offers cozy accommodation to satisfy all the desires for luxury and postmodern classics. Located in one of the most beautiful areas with panoramic views of the whole city, Medite Spa Resort is the first and only design hotel in Sandanski, created by Italian interior designer Raymondo Flacomio in 2004 and redesigned by Dren Rudy in 2019. 86 hotel rooms and suites, 8 private villas, conference rooms for 200 people, spacious spa and wellness area, fitness, indoor and outdoor pool, infinity pool, gourmet restaurant, tavern, night bar, lobby bar, pool bar, outdoor and indoor kids playground, outdoor children pool.
Sandanski is the most popular balneological center in Bulgaria, located 160 km. south of Sofia and 100 km. from the Aegean sea. The city has a lot of hot springs and has the highest average annual temperature in the country, typical of the Mediterranean climate.
In the Sandanski area, it is believed that Spartacus was born and lived by the Thracian tribe of Medi. The area’s historical heritage is very rich. A must-see for visiting the city is the restored early Christian basilica from the 4th century, which houses the local archeological museums.
In the area you can visit:
- Rila Monastery (one of the most significant cultural monuments in Bulgaria) – 106 km
- Rupite Area and Vanga’s Temple – 21 km
- Melnik (a popular tourist destination with highly developed wine production and wine tasting) – 20 km
- Rozhen Monastery (the oldest and largest monastery in the Pirin region) – 26 km
Directions for arriving by car (10 min, 5.2 km):
- Exit from the E79 international road (“Struma” Highway) at the stop for Sandnaski.
- Take the “Europa” Boulevard (1.3 km.)
- Slight left and then slight right onto “Svoboda” Boulevard. (400 m.)
- Turn right onto “Todor Kableshkov” Str. (650 m.)
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto “Mladost” Str. (1.5 km)
- At Interhotel Sandnaski turn right (1.2 km.)
- Turn left (170 m.)